Located in the Florentin neighborhood, on one of the first streets of Ahuzat Bayit (later renamed Tel Aviv), Erlich House was designed in 1931 as an eclectic style two-story building (a third floor was added in 1932). Its symmetrical design is distinguished by two bay windows protruding from the façade, with a recessed balcony in between. Flat roofed in the original plan, it was ultimately given a tiled roof hidden behind a parapet, a method typical of eclectic architecture, intended to lend it the appearance of a modern flat-roofed building.
The building was listed for conservation as part of Tel Aviv-Jaffa’s municipal 2650B Conservation Plan.
renovation and restoration