one of two rectangular prism shaped structures, was designed by architect Benjamin Anekstein and engineer Zalman Baron in 1935 as an International Style residential building. A common courtyard with trees runs between the elevated buildings, continuing the stairs rising from the street level. The front yard is graded, and although it is private property, its impact on the public space and urban fabric is conspicuous. The building is located in a cluster of historic buildings, north of the White City as declared by UNESCO. It was listed for conservation with stringent restrictions as part of Tel Aviv-Jaffa's municipal 2650B Conservation Plan.
Restoration of the historic building and redesigning of the apartments
Credit: Mikaela Burstow, Photos