Hangar 11 was originally one of Tel Aviv Port’s warehouses, erected in 1953. Its dimensions (65x35x11 m) make the building conspicuous in the port landscape.
In the 1990s, the storage space was transformed into a performance venue at the initiative of Ze’ev Isaac, who wanted to establish an innovative international-standard place that could host music and other performances. Hangar 11 has since become a popular spot in the city’s cultural life.
The building’s renovation included repairing concrete and metal elements, reconstruction of windows, doors, plaster surfaces, and a shading system for the services court.